Tuesday 4 June 2013

Ordered my 144Mhz antenna

After all my hard work on the mast, I thought I would give it an airing in the PW 144Mhz low power contest this weekend (Sunday).


This is a low power (3W) contest and so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Of course to do this I need an antenna and so after looking around I thought I would try the 9 element 144MHz OWL Super-Light Yagi made by.innovantennas in Essex (www.innovantennas.com) to a G0KSC design.

Looks like a good gain figure and also a reasonable boom length as well. I will be picking it, as they are quite near where I am during the week, up so that I will have it ready for the weekend.

Now just to get the feeder and the rotator all sorted :) - I've got both (including the rotator cable) just got to get them all connected and sorted out. Something for Saturday I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment